This manual provides detailed instructions for creating a comprehensive fitness program designed to directly enhance your combat performance in a real-life scenario. Fitness programs are very personal and no single program is right for everyone. This is especially the case since each mission set demands a different balance of physical attributes. Therefore, this manual is not designed to replace your existing fitness program, but rather to help you achieve greater results using whatever works for you. It provides scientifically proven methods to integrate your workouts, manage your recovery, measure your progress and adjust routines to your specific mission requirements and body type.
The manual provides baseline suggestions for getting the most out of traditional exercise routines (circuit training, strength training, running etc.) but also provides techniques for improving often neglected physical attributes (balance, flexibility, coordination, sprinting speed, hand speed, finger dexterity and grip strength) that are critical for combat performance. Techniques are flexible enough to integrate into any fitness program and can apply to either individual or unit level programs.
Topics covered in the manual include…
– Mobility (sprinting, agility, cross-country movement)
– Climbing, obstacle negotiation, swimming and pool training
– Strength training (weights, unstable load training, calisthenics)
– Balance, flexibility and coordination
– Hand speed, finger dexterity and grip strength
– Rest, recovery, nutrition and injury prevention
– Performance tracking and testing
– Fitness program design and evaluation
– Unit training programs and performance tracking